Past and Future [concluded]
I have decided to (re)implement some houserules for future sessions starting March 22, 2013. Some of these houserules are new and some are old. If you have any problems, questions, comments or concerns about these houserules, save them for when we meet next session and we can talk about them.
- When the DM speaks, pay attention. Ask the DM for clarification after he is done speaking. The DM is not obligated to repeat himself regarding important details if the players are not paying attention.
- No cellphones or MP3 players or recreational electronic devices at the table. Laptops, notebooks and tablets are allowed for D&D purposes. If you need to answer a phone call, take it outside. Turn off all music.
- It is the player’s responsibility to make sure that the DM knows what you are doing before you make the dice roll. Any dice roll made before informing the DM are invalid and void. You must reroll.
- All dice rolls must be visible to the DM. If DM does not have visual on dice, then dice rolls are invalid and void. You must reroll.
- Regarding game rules, the DM is arbiter and his word is final in session. If you have a question about the rules, ask the DM immediately. If you have a problem or complaint about the rules, talk to the DM out of session.
- If you are going to be late or unable to attend, you are responsible for giving the DM advance notice. This is a matter of respect to the DM and the rest of the group.
- It is the player’s responsibility to keep track of important campaign details and NPCs. DM session summaries and Obsidian Portal website are for your convenience and reference purposes. Some important details may be excluded from session summaries and campaign wiki.
- In combat, players are required to inform the DM when his/her character is bloodied. The player is also responsible for keeping track of status effects on his/her character and also status effects on their targets. Failure to acknowledge or remind the DM about status effects on target creatures at the start of their turn will result in status effects being invalid and void. Generally, the DM is pretty good at keeping track of status effects, but he is a forgetful human being.
- Stun is houseruled. Stun means target takes -2 (-4 at epic tier) all defences and gain vulnerability 5 per tier.
- Players make spend a move action to use Second Wind with no defence buffs. This option cannot be combined with powers.
- Players are responsible for giving the DM updated character summaries/sheets. This is to determine whether your character is legal and what it can and cannot do. Violating this houserule will get you kicked from the game, no exceptions. I have a zero tolerance policy for cheaters and disrespectful players.
- Players are responsible for providing advance notice for absences or being late.